5 Ways to Overcome Gym Shyness


Are you shy when it comes to working out at the gym?
Deep down you may even know there's no reason to feel like that, because making positive changes in your life is commendable, and you're doing it for you, and you only!

It can, however, be difficult to overcome this shyness, if you're the type of person who worries about what others think of you.
Self-esteem and confidence issues can really eat away at you, and even stop you achieving your fitness goals.


Here are some of their suggestions for overcoming gym shyness:

1. Start At Home
"I suggest you just buy weights... lift them everyday, then once you don't feel below everyone else, go to a gym. The other way, I would suggest working out at home. If you have a treadmill, run on the treadmill for a decent amount of time everyday."Subjectdc
"I started walking in the evenings when less people would see me. I'd add more and more each day. I also bought all the Biggest Loser DVDs and did them at home, until I got to a place where I felt more comfortable going to the gym." April
2. Enjoy The Journey
"The keys to physical success are this: 1. Get there! 2. Find a good workout and someone to show you how to do the exercises correctly. 3. Believe in the workout you are doing... so far there is no one way to get there. Enjoy the journey and make it fun and as exciting as possible. Stimulate, recover and grow stronger and better everyday. Be proud of who you are. You could be at Denny's or sucking on a cigarette. If you are at the gym, you are already respected by the gym goers!" Jim
3. Exercise At Non-Peak Times
"Pick a gym that caters to an older crowd... and exercise in the early a.m. hours, when the people working out are there to exercise, not to find a date for Friday night."newscctv
4. Get A Personal Trainer
"I also got a personal trainer and still have a personal trainer. People say "that must be expense", I say maybe, but I am worth it. Having the trainer kept me coming back, still does. Get back to the gym and keep it up. Good luck to you. Walk in that door with a smile and positive attitude that you are there for you, your health, your energy, your well being. If the others do not like this, they can go jump!" Les
5. Stop Thinking People Are Judging
"I was fat at one time in my life, now I am fit. I like seeing people in the gym trying to better them selves. A lot of people you see that are fit in the gym started off were you were. Don't think people are judging you." Scotty123
"No one is judging you at the gym. As a avid gym goer of normal weight, I find it encouraging when someone takes the step to improve there health. 99% of people in the gym either don't notice others, or will think, "I'm glad you are here." Sally

Post a Comment

0 Comments